The Quail Park Lodge in Kanab, Utah is centrally located to a multitude of scenic wonders in Southern Utah’s Color Country and
Zion Canyon National Park, with its many hued sandstone giants is sure to take your breath away. For the outdoor traveler, hiking and walking trails take you to hidden grottos, waterfalls, forests and even the occasional mountain goat.
Bryce Canyon National Park is a sight that must be seen. Full of sandstone towers called “HooDoos,” the canyon is a geological wonder.
The North Rim of the Grand Canyon, to the south of Kanab, offers what many say are the absolute best views of America’s scenic gem.
For the water enthusiast, Lake Powell, offering more than 2,000 miles of shoreline, is the perfect day trip for boaters (you can rent one there), swimmers and fisherman.
In addition to the above, the motel is short 20 minute drive to the Coral Pink Sand Dunes ( a must see at sunset!).
For those of you looking for something a little closer, hiking and exploring abound right outside the motel doors. Our staff will be happy to give you directions to the beautiful, and near by, Squaw Trail, and the Southern Utah’s Visitor Center is just down the road.
Kanab is full of activities for every taste and a fun way to explore is by renting one of our cruiser bikes. From old west history to fine dining to shopping, it can all be found within walking distance of the motel steps. Our knowledgeable staff will be happy to assist you with your plans, directions, reservations or any other needs to make your stay enjoyable.
Kane County, Utah Office of Tourism
Official Southern Utah Visitor Information
Southern Utah News
Kanab's own weekly newspaper, covering Kane County Utah and Fredonia, Arizona
Western Legends Roundup
Kanab's signature annual event, celebrating our western heritage
Best Friends Animal Society
The nation's largest no-kill animal sanctuary is also Kanab's largest employer
Dreamland Safari Tours
Comfortable off-road safari adventures with experienced local guides
Kanab's Greyhound Gathering features a greyhound parade, fun run and more
Frontier Movie Town
Movie sets and memorabilia from great western movies including The Outlaw Josey Wales, One Little Indian and more! Free Admission
Distances from Kanab & Quail Park Lodge Motel
- Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (5 miles /8 km)
- Bryce Canyon National Park (80 miles / 128 km)
- Cedar Breaks National Monument (69 miles / 111 km)
- Capital Reef National Park (210 miles / 340 km)
- Coral Pink Sand Dunes (22 miles / 35 km)
- Glen Canyon Dam (67 miles / 109
- Grand Canyon National Park (79 miles / 127 km)
- Grand Staircase/Escalante National Park (44 miles / 70 km)
- Lake Powell (60 miles / 96 km)
- Las Vegas (215 miles / 346 km)
- Pipe Spring National Monument (22 miles / 35 km)
- Salt Lake City, UT (312 miles / 502 km)
- St. George, UT (82 miles / 131 km)
- Zion National Park (38 miles / 61 km)
At the end of the day...grab a robe and relax in our new swimming pool!